I'm A Terrible Person pt. 2

This is a follow-up to the "I'm a Terrible Person" submission. It's been almost exactly a year to the week from the events as I submitted them beforehand. And something stunningly weird has happened.
I've met someone new. I don't know where it will go from here, but that's beside the point. We've been together a few times, and last night we got around to talking about school, and why she chose this one. She said that she was trying this school out for a year, and if she didn't like it, then she'd switch schools.

"Really? Where would you go?"
"xxxx (Province)"
"No Way? What school?"
"xxxx"

It was the same school. The same school that I had gone to. I just stopeed dead in my tracks for a minute, dumfounded. Nobody goes to that school, I was one of three people from my state that went last year. It's impossible, really. Statistically impossible. Think about it. One year later, to the week, I get involved with someone who is planning to go to the same school where I had, well, a life changing experience to say the least.


When I was in the hospital, I swore I felt something compelling me to go on, to live. It was then that I got the idea in my head to go to this school, or another just like it. It felt, as I was lying on that bed, that a slow, amniotic fluid slowly rose over my body, revivng my poisioned body. I can't say I'm religious, I've never attanded a service of any kind. To be frank, I have trouble believing in an overarching power
controlling my life.

Something doesn't add up, though. I came here to hide away, to live out my life quietly, modestly. I came here to forget. One year later, her,everything. The whole situation gives me goosebumps.

Damnit, I find it impossible to believe this is coincedince, even though I want to.

Why?

No comments: