I cannot tell anyone, he'll get expelled

M y son is in enrolled in a very prestigious private school. He has been a model student without any discipline problems up until two weeks ago. I found a wallet in his room that did not belong to him. I questioned him and after a series of lies, he told me that he had stolen it from a fellow student at school. Furthermore, the student he stole from is the son of one of the most popular facility members.

I   feel I can't tell this story to anyone (not even family) because of the huge impact it will have on my son's future. He will most certainly be expelled if he does the "right thing", by returning to school on Monday and facing the music by giving the wallet back. His reputation will be ruined, a stigma attached and his future destroyed because of thaw wrong choice.

...I want my son to admit his mistake, plead for forgiveness and then let what ever happens, happen. I want to teach him natural consequence for his actions...


A s a parent I want to do the right thing and bring him in to see the Dean on Monday morning. I want my son to admit his mistake, plead for forgiveness and then let what ever happens, happen. I want to teach him natural consequence for his actions. On the other hand, I love my son and want to protect him from damaging his shot at the "good life" that he currently has by attending this school.

I   don't know what do to. I can't tell my parents about this, they would probably call the Dean themselves. I can't call the school anonymously as then I'd be putting myself and my reputation on the line.

I   want to make the right choice to show my son that it is better to do the right thing, but at the same time I want to sweep it under the rug and forget the day I found the wallet ever happened.


ARGHHHHH!

Concerned and confused Parent



Applying to schools? Let Kaplan Test Prep get you ready!
Sell Your Textbooks Here!


Tags:

No comments: