How to ditch the cops when driving a stolen car

I did it a few years ago. I stole an Astro van because we were going to do some dirt that night and needed some cargo room.

I woke up early one morning around 5am and took off with a friend in his car. We drove around looking for people that had started their cars to warm them up. In our part of the country it gets real cold come winter. People often went outside, started their cars then went back inside to finish getting ready for work.

...I make a few more turns and find myself racing down a side street. I look ahead and my friend has been pulled over and a cop has his gun out trying to tell him to get out of his car...


We found the astro van in the driveway, facing out. I jumped out of the car, walked over to the van, climbed in then drove away.

Everything was fine for about 10 minutes. My friend drove ahead of me, looking for cops. We drive through an intersection and there is a trooper parked at a light. We pass him, I try to look nonchalant.

I check my mirrors and sure enough, he starts to follow.
I mash the gas and take off. My friend knows to split so so takes off an disappears from sight. The cop has his lights on now, but I ain't stoppin'.

I take a right, then a left then another right. now I am all twisted around, no idea where I am going. I make a few more turns and find myself racing down a side street. I look ahead and my friend has been pulled over and a cop has his gun out trying to tell him to get out of his car.

I race ahead, aiming at the cop. I wasn't going to hit him, I just wanted to scare him. He doesn't see me coming. I go even faster and just as I am about 5 feet away, he turns around and see me coming straight after him. He dives over my friends mustang. I pass them both, my friend looking at me wild-eyed.

I make the turn at the end of the street, just barely. I get control and take off to a part of town I know. Now there is 3 cop cars behind me. I take a few turns through neighbourhoods trying to lose them. Another couple of turns and I see a big park I know well.

I jump the curb in the astro van and tear across the grass. I drive between trees and around playgrounds trying to lose the cops. It's early morning and still dark so I am trying to get lost in the trees. Twice I almost smash into trees but I'm a good driver.

Then I have an idea. I punch out the interior roof light, speed up to around 60mph then hit the cruise control. I take my foot off the gas, look for a big bunch of trees then jump out!

...I ran as fast as I fuckin could in the opposite direction. After about 45 seconds of sprinting I heard a loud crash followed by crunchin metal...


It was fucking crazy. I've never done anything like that before. My adrenaline was pumping. I rolled a few times before coming to a stop. Then I got up and started running, laughing as the 2 cop cars that were chasing me, kept going after the van!

I ran as fast as I fuckin could in the opposite direction. After about 45 seconds of sprinting I heard a loud crash followed by crunchin metal.

I kept running and running until I was about 20 minutes away. I found a old chevy celebrity so I jacked that and drove myself home.

My friend got caught, but since he said that he didn't know me and since they couldn't prove that he was down, they let him go.

I haven't done anything as crazy since. I could have died I figure.

Name kept secret
Location kept secret



Need a lawyer?



Tags:

No comments: