I watched him get shot.

It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. They were shouting back and forth. Six of them on one side and seven or eight across the street. I could barely make out the other group. It was around two in the morning. They were arguing about what happened to a ho that belonged to another pimp. The yelling got louder and without a warning I heard a loud bang and I see a bright flash come from the bigger group on the opposide side from where I was. Women that were standing around started screaming and men were running for cover. I ducked behind a uhaul van. I peek around the corner trying to see what is happening.
One man in the group wasn’t running. He was sort of stumbling around, looking drunk. He was holding his arm that was limp by his side. I watched as his friends came running to him just as he falls to the ground. The whole group on the other side of the street are racing out of the area in cars and on bikes . There is a crowd gathering around the fallen man.
I go and pick up my bag that I dropped in a panic and make my way to my car. I have to pass the man and his friends. As I pass I see his arm is covered in blood. His friends are telling him to chill out. He looks very sweaty and not well.

I hear the siren as I get to my car door. I hop in and get out as fast as I can. It has been a long time and I still can't get his face out of my mind. Poor man. I never even heard about it in the news.

Name kept secret
Location kept secret



Tags:

No comments: