What should I do?

I have been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 years. Soon she'll be moving away. She is amazing and pretty much exactly what I want in a girlfriend/wife. (Although I won't be proposing anytime soon.) I know she loves me.

However, we are young (graduating college) and sometimes I think she feels inexperienced in dating, as if she doesn't know if she's missing something by never dating other guys.

...I'm worried that if we consistently date forever, she'll always be wondering to herself if other guys would fit her better...


Before we met, I dated more than she did, and I know how strong our relationship is. I treat her like a princess, and I'm confident that I'm good boyfriend. I don't think she knows how good we have it.

I think a long-distance relationship with her is worth it. At the most, we will go a month at a time without seeing each other--until we can reunite hopefully in +/- 9 months. I think if we decide together to try to the long-distance thing, it will be fine.

However, I'm worried that if we consistently date forever, she'll always be wondering to herself if other guys would fit her better (which I doubt)... I guess she can't really have the highs without the lows.

...I've thought about this for months, trying to read her, evoke subtle reactions, and try to find hints/clues. I've made zero progress...


Should I hold tight to her? Or should I use the time apart to encourage her to try dating others--just be honest with her? I don't think she'll like other guys as much as she likes me, but I could risk messing everything up. I promise: she's very hot, genius-smart, extremely generous... I could go on for a long time, but the point is that she can easily get guys. They hit on her now as is.

Also, just to paint the complete picture, I get girls hitting on me fairly often too. But like I said, I'm happiest with her. I've thought about this for months, trying to read her, evoke subtle reactions, and try to find hints/clues. I've made zero progress. I feel like almost any of my friends/family that I can ask would give me biased advice, plus this is very personal to me. What should I do?

Name kept secret
Locations kept secret




Click here to find local men and women
Travelocity's Low Fare Alert can save you 20%* or more on your trip.



Tags:

1 comment:

Guillermo Areizaga said...

I know what you feel man, I am currently going through the same problem as you are. I wish I could give you an answer, because this is a conflict that probably hurts you, I know it hurts me. However your girl seems honest and loyal, but I think you should ask her what she wants to do and bring up both options, but reassure her that no matter what she chooses you will keep on Loving her.